If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cheesy tart is full of winter vegetables, making it hearty enough to serve for lunch with a steaming bowl of soup on the side. It is also great for brunch.
Other varieties of cheese may be substituted.
- 1 2/3 cups finely crushed buttery flavor crackers
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled goat cheese
- 6 ounces trimmed and chopped fresh spinach
- 6 ounces trimmed and chopped fresh kale
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- For crust, put cracker crumbs in a large bowl. Drizzle with melted butter. Work together with a fork. Press into bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan. Set aside.
- For filling, in a small skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add shallots and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add sour cream, seasoning, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Beat until well mixed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in cheeses.
- Stir in spinach, kale, and onions. Pour over crust. Bake on center rack for 50-60 minutes or until center is set. Cool to room temperature.
- May serve at room temperature or chilled. Cut into wedges to serve. Garnish as desired. Serves 10.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.