If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I took my three of favorite foods, sweet potatoes, chocolate and coconut and mixed the three together to form one of the most unusual yet delicious dishes yet. It's considered a holiday tart, but also works as a great summer tart too because it's not too heavy and it works for parties, outdoor events or a simple weeknight dinner. —McClees
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 large regular sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- dashes salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- dashes more of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean paste ( optional)
- 1 2/3 cups goat's milk or half and half
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.