Author Notes: For some reason, especially this year with all the snow we've had, I am really looking forward to the joys of warmer weather and vacations. I also think of people on beaches, sipping tropical drinks like Pina Coladas with umbrellas in them! That inspired the idea for this tart - the tastes of pineapple, lemon, cream cheese and coconut! The perfect late winter vacation where everything is fresh...all wrapped up in a wonderful tart! - aallender
Pie Crust and Cream Cheese filling
- 1/2 8 oz pkg. Cream Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pinapple juice (reserved from can of crushed pineapple)
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 Refrigerated rolled pie crust
- 1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 4.3 oz box of Lemon Pudding Mix
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 20 oz can Crushed Pineapple (and remaining juice)
- 1/4 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust and press into tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Mix softened cream cheese, Ricotta cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla, pineapple juice and rum extract until creamy and pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool
- While cooling, prepare lemon pudding on stovetop, mixed with egg yolks and coconut and cook until a low boil and thickened.
- Pour onto cooled cream cheese tart and top with toasted coconut.
- refrigerate for at least an hour. Slide tart out of tart pan onto a serving plate, slice and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)