If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After hearing about the contest I chose to highlight citrus as the key ingredient. As a lover of italian pastries I looked to a variation on cannoli cream as the custard and used a local jam to make the glaze. - eastendhomearts
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- With a mixer and the paddle attachment, mix the butter sugar and flour
- add the egg yolk and mix till combined
- add just enough of the 1/4 cup of water for the dough to come together
- roll out the dough to 1/2 in thick, place in tart pan
- prick dough with fork and place in oven 350 degreees for 15 min and 325 for 7 min
Italian Sweet Cream filling and Fruit topping
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup ricotta cream
- 2 tablespoons almond honey
- 3 oranges
- 1/2 pineapple
- 2 tablespoons Really Good Apricot Jam
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- In a mixer with the whisk attachment add a bit of the heavy cream and ricotta and stir to combine
- Add honey and increase speed to medium high
- Add the rest of the heavy cream and whip till like a whip cream approximately 3-5 minutes
- Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place cream on cooled shortbread crust
- Remove rind of orange by cutting it off and removing the pith. Cut into slices horizontally
- Remove rind of pineapple and cut into slices
- Place fruit on tart by alternating layers of pineapple and orange
- Mix together honey and apricot jam and water and place in microwave for 15 seconds . Stir to combine and pour over the tart
- Serve and Enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce