If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was visiting France with my best friend and feel in love with Cauliflower Gratin so I thought, why not make it into a Tart? - erinpclark
- 1 piece leek
- 2 pieces shallots
- 1/2 bunch cauliflower
- 1 cup gruyere
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1.25 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1.25 teaspoons salt
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water
- Crust: 1 ¼ cup of flour 5 tablespoons of chilled butter 2 tablespoons of chilled vegetable shortening ½ teaspoons salt 2 to 3 tablespoons ice cold water ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper Preparation: Crust: in food processors, add flour and salt and pulse twice. Add cubed shortening and butter and pulse until it is incorporated similar to sand. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until it starts to come together. Roll in a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Rest in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)