Author Notes: Riffing off of my mom's Skinny Cottage Cheesecake, this recipe is a little bit more indulgent. The lime zest and juice give a nice tang to the soft vanilla and ricotta cheese. It is made even more lovely with the complement of a berry compote that I usually make from some waning frozen berries from the summer.
I usually suspend my fresh ricotta in cheesecloth over a bowl for a bit to get out any extra whey. If using conventional ricotta, you don't have to bother draining. - testkitchenette
Makes 8-12 slices
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1-1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Mix together and press to the bottom of a 9 inch spring-form pan. Chill while preparing the filling.
- 2 cups drained ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- scant 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- Cheesecake: Preheat oven to 350F. Combine the cottage cheese, eggs, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, vanilla extract, and salt in a food processor and combine until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides once. Bake for 50 minutes or until filling is slightly puffed. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Sour Cream Topping: Whisk the sour cream, sugar,vanilla, and lime zest and until smooth in a small bowl and spread carefully over the hot filling. Bake for 5 minutes longer. Cool and chill.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta