If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Riffing off of my mom's Skinny Cottage Cheesecake, this recipe is a little bit more indulgent. The lime zest and juice give a nice tang to the soft vanilla and ricotta cheese. It is made even more lovely with the complement of a berry compote that I usually make from some waning frozen berries from the summer.
I usually suspend my fresh ricotta in cheesecloth over a bowl for a bit to get out any extra whey. If using conventional ricotta, you don't have to bother draining. —testkitchenette
Makes 8-12 slices
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Mix together and press to the bottom of a 9 inch spring-form pan. Chill while preparing the filling.
- 2 cups drained ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- scant 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- Cheesecake: Preheat oven to 350F. Combine the cottage cheese, eggs, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, vanilla extract, and salt in a food processor and combine until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides once. Bake for 50 minutes or until filling is slightly puffed. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Sour Cream Topping: Whisk the sour cream, sugar,vanilla, and lime zest and until smooth in a small bowl and spread carefully over the hot filling. Bake for 5 minutes longer. Cool and chill.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.