If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this to bring for a get together with my Aunts while going over our geneolgy chart. It is loosely based on a pineapple ricotta pie my Mom made when I was young. I happened to have a cup of homemade lemon urd left over from another recipe. It was sitting in the fridge and i wanted to bake something to bring on my visit. I also had about 1 1/2 cups of ricotta and a package of lowfat cream cheese handy. I decided to make a lemon swirl ricotta pie. I made it up as i wemt along and it came out really good. Everyone loved it. - kristy49
Serves 8 small servings
- 1 packet lowfat cinnamon graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup lowfat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup lemon curd (jar or homemade)
- 1 dash salt
- Crust: Pulverize the whole sleeve of lowfat cinnamon graham crackers in food processor, add sugar and butter and press into an 8 inch springform fluted pan. Make sure the crust comes up the sides of the pan almost all the way. Set aside. Filling: Combine cream cheese and ricotta and cream, eggs, sugar, lemon rind, extract and salt in processor or whip with hand mixer. Spoon into crust and gently add lemon curd, swirling with a spoon or knife into the top like a marble cake. Bake at 350 degrees until knife comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool in oven with door ajar and heat off. Refrigerate until cold and serve with whipped cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.