Author Notes: Fresh ricotta and good fresh mozzarella make all the difference in the world in this super garlicky, oniony pizza. - apartmentcooker
- your favorite pizza dough
- olive oil, as needed
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- 1 small onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mozzarella
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Lightly oil the dough and transfer it to a baking sheet. Stipple and stretch the dough until it’s about 1/2 inch thick. Let rest about 15 minutes.
- Stipple and stretch the dough again, and oil the edges. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, salt, pepper, and herbs. Spread evenly onto the crust.
- Sprinkle the onion, garlic, and mozzarella on top of the ricotta. Bake in a 400 degree oven until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting. Garnish with red pepper flakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta