If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh ricotta and good fresh mozzarella make all the difference in the world in this super garlicky, oniony pizza. —erinmcdowell
- your favorite pizza dough
- olive oil, as needed
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- 1 small onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mozzarella
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Lightly oil the dough and transfer it to a baking sheet. Stipple and stretch the dough until it’s about 1/2 inch thick. Let rest about 15 minutes.
- Stipple and stretch the dough again, and oil the edges. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, salt, pepper, and herbs. Spread evenly onto the crust.
- Sprinkle the onion, garlic, and mozzarella on top of the ricotta. Bake in a 400 degree oven until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting. Garnish with red pepper flakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta