If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made some basil-arugula pesto with cashews (all I had on hand) one day to go into my vegetable frittata. I had some left over and decided it would pair nicely with a full tub of ricotta in my fridge...bada bing, bada boom this is what I came up with! —misschels
For the Basil-Arugula Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
For the Ricotta Souffles
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons basil-arugula pesto
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- For the pesto: Place basil, arugula, garlic, cashews, salt, and pepper into a blender or food processor and pulse until chopped.
- With the machine running, slowly stream in the olive oil until desired consistency is achieved.
- Stir in the cheese using a spatula.
- For the ricotta souffles: Pre-heat the over to 350 F.
- Coat four individual ramekins with olive oil cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ricotta, egg yolks, basil-arugula pesto, and the parmigiano reggiano cheese with a spatula until fully combined.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the ricotta mixture.
- Divide the batter evenly among the four ramekins.
- Bake the souffles for 30-35 minutes or until slightly puffed up over the top of each ramekin. Hurry up, these babies will fall pretty quick after being released from the oven!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta
Recipe of the Day
A sandwich-inspired burger
Recipe of the Day
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
Introducing the F52.
It's in the bag.