If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I find myself making this dish after a long, hard day after work. It is bright yet filling pasta dish that will get you out of the kitchen in the time it take you to boil the pasta. - melissav
- 1/2 pound spaghetti [I use whole wheat but use whatever you prefer]
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced lengthwise as thinly as possible
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, from 1-2 lemons
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh ricotta, homemade or best quality
- 4-6 tablespoons leftover ricotta whey or leftover pasta boiling water
- 4 cups lightly packed arugua
- Bring a pot of well salted water to boil
- While the water is coming to a boil, slice the garlic and put a small saute over low heat. Add the olive oil, the garlic, and a nice pinch of salt. Let the oil and garlic slowly heat up. You don't want the garlic to brown. You are just warming the oil and letting garlic infuse it.
- While the oil and garlic are doing their thing, zest the lemon and wash and dry the arugula.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve some pasta water if you don't have any ricotta whey.
- Once the pasta is boiling, turn the heat under the saute pan to as low as it goes and add the ricotta, lemon zest, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. You just want it all to warm it up while the pasta is cooking.
- Once you drain the pasta, add it to the saute pan and toss well. Add 1/4 cup of whey or cooking water and the arugula and toss again to coat and wilt the arugula. If you feel it is too dry, add up to 2 more TB of whey or cooking water. Taste for salt and add the juice from 1/2 a lemon and toss once more.
- Serve, topping each bowl with a few sprinkles of coarse salt or fleur de sel and a few drops of lemon juice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.