If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a make-at-home pizza recipe with fresh, seasonal ingredients. I bought the purple potatoes as well as the rosemary from the Farmer's Market (Union Square, NYC).
The ricotta cheese was a truffle salt variety I made myself from this recipe: http://johnandelana.wordpress.com/2011/02/16/get-your-own-how-make-your-own-ricotta-cheese/
The dough I obtained from Eataly (23rd and 5th Ave in NYC). Usually, I make my own dough, but I was taste tasting some store-bought examples in this case.
Here is the link to recipe on my site: http://johnandelana.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/experiments-in-pizza-featuring-eataly-dough/
- 8 small purple potatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary - chopped
- 2 pinches Truffle salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Slice your potatoes
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Place your sliced potatoes in the pan and and a pinch of salt. Toss to coat with oil and salt, and let the taters heat up.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to steam them a bit and some fresh chopped rosemary. Simmer until tender (you will be able to easily pierce them with a knife.
- Spread the ricotta cheese on your stretched out pizza dough. Top with the potato mixture. Drizzle with a little olive oil, and add some more rosemary if you like.
- Bake in the oven at 500 degrees (on a pizza stone, preferably) for about 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta