If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am calling this a pudding because I’m not sure what else to call it, but it’s nothing like a traditional lemon pudding. It’s got an almond base, so it’s high in protein, nutrients and fiber, the coconut oil adds a little healthy fat, the chia seeds thicken it a bit, and the raisins and maple syrup sweeten it up. Because the rest of the ingredients have very subtle flavors, I like how the taste of the lemon really shines through here. This recipe is adapted from a book called Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes. - WinnieAb
- 2 tablespoons organic chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 whole Meyer lemon, cut in half (you don't have to remove the seeds)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract- optional
- Soak chia seeds in water for 10 minutes, then process them together with the rest of the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor until fairly smooth. Leftovers will keep for several days in the refrigerator.
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.