If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Croquettes are easy to make and great to have in the freezer as they defrost really quickly. My grandchildren love chicken croquettes with mashed potatoes or white Basmati rice. They are also very nice made in a smaller size as finger food with the sauce as a dip. - Maria Teresa Jorge
- 1 pound chicken meat, raw, boneless and without skin
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 small shallots chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated Mustard
- 1 cup bread without the crust
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg whole
- Vegetable oil for frying
Honey Mustard Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey, clear and runny
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 1 pinch paprika
- For the Honey Mustard Mayonnaise: Whip the mustard with the honey and the mayonnaise. Add the cream and season with the paprika, salt and freshly grated pepper. Cover and chill.
- For the Chicken croquettes: Chopp the shallots very finely. Peel the garlic, cut in half, remove the green inside, and chopp very finely.
- In a sauté pan, add the olive oil and the onions and fry until translucid. Add the garlic, fry an extra 1 minute and remove from the heat. Let cool completely.
- Cut the inside of the bread (without the crust) in small pieces and measure 1 cup. Put in a bowl and add the milk. Mix with your hands until the milk is totally absorbed.
- Cut the chicken meat in small pieces making sure there are no bones. In a food processor pulse the chicken meat until is ground. Add the mustard, bread with milk, chopped parsley, cooled sautéed shallots and garlic, and grated fresh ginger. Add some salt and freshly ground pepper. Pulse until combined. Check the seasoning. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Beat 1 whole egg in a bowl. Put the breadcrumbs in a plate. Make the croquettes taking some chicken mince and giving them a shape of a cylinder 1 1/2 inches ling by 3/4 inches thick.
- Roll the croquettes in the egg and then in the bread crumbs. At this point you can chill them and wait until serving time, or freeze them in a tray and when frozen put them in a plastic bag.
- Heat the oil to medium temperature (the oil should be deep enough to come to half the height of the croquettes). Fry the croquettes slowly as you need to make sure the inside is well cooked. When golden on one side turn them over and continue frying until golden on the other side.
- Remove from the oil and put on kitchen paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with a green salad, mashed potatoes and the Honey Mustard Mayonnaise on the side.
- The croquettes can also be serve at room temperature for a picnic or made smaller (half the size) and served as finger food.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken with Mustard