If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Moist chocolate cupcakes using beets as a main ingredient. —Galexi Cupcakes
- 1 cup mashed beets, drained
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 3/4 cup sweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two muffin pans with 24 muffine liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar, oil, eggs, and water.
- In a separated bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet. Fold in the mashed beets and mixed well.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake tins. Bake about 15-20 minutes, until set but moist. Let cupcakes cool down on a separate rack.
- For Buttercream
- Beat butter for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Add 4 cups powdered sugar until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter. Add vanilla extract, and milk or heavy a little at a time until desired consistency has been reached.
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.