Author Notes: A few years back while visiting Boulder, CO I had an appetizer that I instantly fell in love with. I became obsessed and finally came up with something I enjoy as much as I did when I had my first taste. - JaxHouse
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning Blend
- 2 ounces Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup Pesto
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 whole-grain baguette
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel butternut squash and cut in small cubes.
- Toss squash in olive oil, season with salt and pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Roast squash for 30 minutes.
- While squash cools, slice baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Spread ricotta on each baguette slice, top with a few cubes of squash, drizzle on pesto.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta