If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my own recipe, based on a rice salad that I once tasted. I was looking for a recipe for the Jewish fall holidays and adapted what I had tasted to the "Seven Species" (of the land of Israel). It contains a bit more than just them, but they are all represented, and healthy, too. - Hummusit
For the salad:
- 1 cup wheat kernels
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1.5-2 ounces raisins
- 1.5-2 ounces chopped dried figs
- seeds from half a pomegranate
- 1 bunch chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 1.5-2 ounces walnuts or natural pecans
- 1.5-2 ounces pumpkin seeds
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In separate pots, cook the wheat and barley in 2 cups of water, each (as you would cook rice).
- Once cooked, mix the wheat and barley in large bowl.
- Shake all the dressing ingredients in a jar, and pour over the wheat and barley, letting it cool together.
- In a skillet, toast the nuts and seeds, then add to the grains.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and season to taste. Serve warm or cold.
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
How to Hard Cook Lots of Eggs at Once
Use the oven, you egghead.
Nancy Silverton's Bran Muffins
Wholesome, jammy, Genius.
Style with a breeze.