If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish was created during a point where I became obsessed with stuffed chicken recipes and finding all the different ways it could be done. I thought what a perfect idea taking a classic dish and putting my own spin on it... as I usually do with things! - JennT1981
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed of fat and pocketed
- 4 pieces turkey bacon, cut in half
- 4 pieces Swiss cheese, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3/4 cups ground pecans
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a slice of cheese between two half slices of bacon and stuff them into each breast. Season each side of chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish combine the honey and mustard and mix thoroughly. Also combine ground pecans and bread crumbs in a different shallow dish. Evenly coat both sides of each breast first with the honey mustard sauce and next the pecan and bread crumb mixture and place into a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden crisp and juices run clear. Temperature of chicken should reach 180 degrees F.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken with Mustard