Author Notes: In honor of St. Patrick's Day I combined my German Waldmeister with a Harp premium lager. This added a distinct sweet herbal flavor to the beer; it's not just your green food coloring. This is an Irish riff on the Berliner Weisse. I suggest adding fresh ginger to the Waldmeister for a some added zing. - Sagegreen
Serves 1, easily doubled for a friend
- 2 tablespoons Waldmeister (woodruff syrup)
- 4 one inch long, thin slices of fresh ginger, optional
- 12 ounces Harp premium lager
- For a variation, first add the ginger to the Waldmeister and let it rest for half an hour or up to a few hours.
- Pour the Waldmeister (without the ginger slices) into the lager. Cheers, Prost, Sláinte!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe