If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cookies are fiendishly addictive, especially with the recommended fig jam/orange blossom honey/pistachio filling, but any good quality jammy filling would be excellent as well. - verysmallanna
- 4 ounces butter, unsalted
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 ounces ricotta
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fig jam or other fruit preserve
- 1/4 cup orange blossom honey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pistachios or other nut, roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the ricotta, scraping down the bowl and ensuring that it is incorporated fully. Do the same with the egg and vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually mix the dry into the batter, using a low speed and being sure not to overmix. The dough should be fluffy but not too airy.
- Scoop the dough by tablespoons onto parchment- or silicone-lined sheet pans. The cookies should be about 2" apart and you should be able to get about 12 on each sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Once you've removed the cookies from the oven, wait 30-60 seconds, then make an indentation with your thumb in the middle of each one. Move the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Fill the middle of each cookie with a scant teaspoon of jam, then drizzle very lightly with honey and sprinkle with nuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta