Author Notes: I changed it from crepes to a rolled up phyllo dough and it's been a hit whenever I make it! There are lats of things you can use but this is the original. - BMurphy724
- 1 packet Store bought Phyllo dough
- 8 ounces Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can Spray butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon amaretto
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Unroll Phyllo dough and spray with the butter spray. Fold 12 pieces in half and then into quarters. (should be about 3 inches by 8 inches long). Spray with butter and set aside until the Ricotta mixture is ready.
- In a mixing bowl add Ricotta cheese,1/4 cup sugar,1 teaspoon vanilla and mix together.
- Spoon 2 to 3 teaspoons of Ricotta filling onto the Phyllo dough about an inch from the edge. Tuck and roll the dough and place on a grease cookie sheet seam side down. continue until all 12 are done and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let cool. Plate and serve with some amaretto whipped cream on top!
- In another mixing bowl pour the heavy whipping cream,amaretto,confectioners sugar and using a whisk, whip until the cream is stiff. refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta