Author Notes: The crunchy radicchio and pecans, paired with the creamy ricotta and slightly syrupy salty-sweet dressing make for a nice bite. Top with a few shards of parsley if you want a little extra color. Toasted walnuts can also be substituted for pecans if desired. I used Fabulous Flats Taandoori Naan (plain) for the flatbread. - kaykay
- 1 pound good quality fresh whole milk ricotta
- 2 pieces good quality flatbread such as naan, cut into a total of 8 pieces
- olive oil for brushing
- 4 ounces pancetta, thick cut and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 head of raddichio, sliced thin
- 1-2 tablespoon yellow raisins, to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecans, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Season ricotta with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dressing: Saute pancetta in large non-stick pan over medium-high heat until crisp. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice to pancetta and drippings. Heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat and season with fresh ground pepper to taste. Set aside
- Brush both sides of naan with olive oil. Using a grill pan or the grill, Grill bread on both sides until slightly charred.
- Add raddichio, raisins, and pecans to the pan dressing and toss to coat.
- Top each piece of bread with a few tablespoons of ricotta. Top ricotta with raddichio mixture.