If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have made all sorts of crumbles for years but this has become the standout contender hands down. It is rich, boldly flavored and radiantly beautiful. Enjoy! - DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 1 packet frozen marion blackberries (preferrably Stalbush)
- 1 packet frozen Stalbush healthberry blend (black raspberries, wild blueberries, marion blackberries)
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons organic unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup organic all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats
- (a little less than 1/2 cup) dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinammon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- mix the berries and 1/4 cup of the sugar in a small non stick cake pan, loaf pan or pie plate. Incorporate 1 teaspoon of the vanilla, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, half the zest and all the juice of the lemon. Take two tablespoons of the butter and evenly distribute over the berries in little lumps.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the remaining ingredients to a crumbly consistency. I usually mash them with a fork to break up the butter. Sometimes if the butter is too cold to mix well I work through it with my hands. Spread the finished mixture over the berries in the pan.
- I tend to shake a dash of cinnamon over the top and sometimes an extra teaspoon of butter broken into little pieces to help brown the top.
- Put in the oven. You will start to smell it when it is nearly done. You want a nicely browned top with bubbling dark liquid at the edges. This tends to take 20-30 minutes. Serve hot from the oven in bowls with a scoop of quality vanilla ice cream on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Buckle, Slump, Grunt, Crumble, Cobbler, Crisp, Sonker, Pandowdy, and/or Betty
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Exaggerated Chocolate Chip Cookies
Extra thin, extra delicious.
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easygoing banana bread.
DIY Herb Rub
Pasta e Fagioli
Go play outside!