If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It sounds weird, but the touch of tahini adds a subtle nutty backdrop that shows off the sweetness of the squash. It also makes the puree deliciously creamy. As a variation, add one spring of rosemary to the roasting mixture and use the crispy leaves as a garnish. This is an especially nice addition when you’re having company, because it makes your house smell fantastic! - alice y
Serves 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon allspice (preferably Jamaican allspice)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 butternut squash with a substantial neck
- 1 small red onion
- 1 medium sized garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the olive oil, allspice, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Peel the neck of the squash. Cut off the hard bottom end and stalk of the squash. Cut off the neck of the squash and dice. Leave the skin on the bottom, cut into two pieces and scrape out the seeds. Put all the squash in the mixing bowl.
- Slice the onion and garlic into thin slices. Place in the bowl with the squash. Mix so all the pieces are evenly covered.
- Place the squash bottom sections, cut side down, on a large baking sheet with a rim. Pour the rest of the squash onto the baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Place the rosemary spring over top, if using.
- Place pan in the middle of the oven. Roast until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Cool the squash for 5 minutes. Transfer the squash mixture, bottom and all, into a food processor. Add the tahini and blend until smooth.
- Serve warm. Garnish with the crispy rosemary leaves if using.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cookie
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Vegetable Puree
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Easter Baskets for Loved Ones Who Sometimes Annoy You
Sure to put somebunny out of business.
Style with a breeze.