Author Notes: This recipe is both indulgent and healthy. Nutty roasted cauliflower, earthy truffle oil, hearty grains. I love using farro, a popular grain in Italy that is also known as emmer wheat. But you can use barley instead if you happen to have some on hand. - CozyDelicious
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pearled farro
- 1 piece celery rib
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black truffle oil
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, half the salt and the pepper. Roast on a cookie sheet on the top rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes until the edges brown.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil with the remaining salt. Add the farro and celery rib and cook until the farro is just tender, about 40 minutes. Drain the farro and discard the celery.
- Toss the farro with thescallions, lemon juice, and truffle oil. Add in the caauliflower and top with the cheese. Serve warm.