- 4 ripe bananas sliced lengthwise
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ghee
- 2tsp rum
- Heat ghee in a skillet over medium heat.
- As soon as the ghee stare boil start mixing in the brown sugar.
- Add the sliced bananas.
- Wait about 5 minutes for the first side.
- After the 5 minutes has passed, start checking the bottoms to see if they’re browned a bit.
- When they look browned, flip and brown the other side.
- When both sides look good golden colour
- sprinkle the rum over the pan and immediately light it on fire.
- Jiggle the pan a bit to get all the alcohol to light. Alcohol burns very quickly (~15 seconds) at high temperatures.
- This gives the bananas a nice crispy skin and a great flavor
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish You (Intentionally) Set on Fire