If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had a version if this at a Tucson restaurant years ago. I created my own version when I couldn't find the original recipe. It is ideal if you make your own polenta, but works well with a prepackaged brand as well. It has a great mix of texture and it is fun to set on fire! - Jenispacepod
- 24 ounces Beef Medallions
- 4 ounces Sliced Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Polenta Package
- 2 ounces whisky
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 4 ounces Beef flavor Better than Bouillion (4 oz of water mixed with about 1/2 tsp of the bouillion paste, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 oil for sauteeing
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- In hot pan, sauté beef tenderloin medallions.
- Turn and add mushrooms, saute
- Add shallots
- Add whiskey and flambe!
- Remove meat from pan
- Add beef flavor Better than Bouillon and simmer for 5 minutes
- return meat to pan and simmer to desired doneness
- while meat is cooking, slice 4 rounds of polenta. Choose your method to heat them - preferably grill or broil with a little parmesan cheese
- while polenta is heating, stir sage and butter into the meat sauce
- arrange 2 medallions on top of one polenta round and pour mushroom sage sauce over each one. Serve with fresh sage sprigs, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish You (Intentionally) Set on Fire
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
Genius, explained at last.
Books We Love
My New Roots, by Sarah Britton
Style with a breeze.