If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quinoa can taste like dirt sometimes (to me anyway). A good rinsing really solves this issue. This is one of my favorite summer lunches; light, healthy, and flavorful. - familydinners
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 finely diced roma tomatoes
- 1 diced English cucumber
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil, good quality
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cover the quinoa with cold water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Put it in a fine mesh colander and rinse until the water runs clear. Transfer to a medium saucepan. Cover with 3 cups water and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes. Drain excess water, cover the pot with a dish towel, replace the lid, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine the cucumber, tomato, cilantro, onion, olive oil, lime juice, and vinegar.
- Stir the quinoa into the veggies. Serve with chopped avocado on top.