Author Notes: Quinoa can taste like dirt sometimes (to me anyway). A good rinsing really solves this issue. This is one of my favorite summer lunches; light, healthy, and flavorful. - familydinners
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 finely diced roma tomatoes
- 1 diced English cucumber
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil, good quality
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cover the quinoa with cold water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Put it in a fine mesh colander and rinse until the water runs clear. Transfer to a medium saucepan. Cover with 3 cups water and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes. Drain excess water, cover the pot with a dish towel, replace the lid, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine the cucumber, tomato, cilantro, onion, olive oil, lime juice, and vinegar.
- Stir the quinoa into the veggies. Serve with chopped avocado on top.