If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: October is a great month at the Farmer's markets or at the U-Pick farms, and this is a good time where there is still a bounty of summer produce but also a way to say hello to Autumn offerings. I like it because it is savory and light, with a sweet component, well balanced, and not as predictable with ingredients that you may not consider as 'autumnal' - wprice620
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 carrot or parsnip diced
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 2 medium baking potato diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or other herb on hand
- 4 medium zucchini, yellow or green (you can leave skin on if you prefer) diced
- 3 pears, firm peeled cored and diced
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup pear or apple cider or juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1. Heat butter, oil or combination in a large pot over low to medium heat. When fat is melted cook carrot, onion, potato and thyme with salt and peper to taste vegetables should sweat and not get brown. Cook 5-10 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add zucchini and pears, and stir and cook until everything is soft another 10 minutes or so more.
- add vegetable stock, cover and bring to a boil. Let cool before pureeing in a blender. Adjust seasonings and thin with cider to desired consitency.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Vegetable Puree
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.