If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was practicing my skills at making Beurre Blanc and just wanted to see how hard I was warned it was to make correctly...and then holding it for a party....anyway, I did and kept it warm in a thermos til the party and it was a hit....and I love BIG local shrimp...and I love Cognac...so voila....I have served this in crepes...or over pasta. —loubaby
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 pound cold unsalted butter, 1 TBL pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 pound cold unsalted butter
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, (18-20 count), peeled, deveined
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cognac
- 2 teaspoons chive, finely chopped
- Beurre Blanc Simmer the shallots, white wine, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over low-medium heat for 30 minutes, until the mixture is reduced to about 1/3 cup tablespoons. Add the cream and bring to just under a simmer. When the first few bubbles rise, turn the heat down very slightly and add the 1/2 lb of butter, one tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly. Be sure to allow one pat of butter to melt completely before adding the next. Once the butter is fully incorporated, add the tarragon and season with white pepper. Pour into a thermos that has been heated with hot running water inside.
- Shrimp Filling In a skillet over high heat, melt 1/2 lb butter, and then sauté shrimp, turning a few times until cooked through about 3-4 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and season the shrimp with salt. Carefully add the Cognac, flame with long handled lighter and stir thoroughly with spoon to die out. Serve over pasta or in crepes; spooning warm Beurre Blanc sauce over and sprinkling with chives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish You (Intentionally) Set on Fire
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.