If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Flaming Greek Cheese —Foodie-isms
- 1 slice of Kefalotiri (Greek styled cheese)
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1/4 cup of flour mixed with salt & pepper
- 1 shot Ouzo, Greek anise-flavored aperitif
- Mix the flour, salt, and pepper on a plate. Roll the cheese into the flour mixture to coat evenly.
- Heat equal parts of olive oil and butter in a cast iron skillet. When the pan is hot, fry the slice of cheese for about 90 seconds per side. Add and ounce of Ouzo to the pan and ignite. Opa!
- Remove pan from the heat. When the flames have extinguish move the cheese onto a serving platter.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon wedge on the warmed cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish You (Intentionally) Set on Fire