If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mango season starts, then why not a flaming MANGO? - pauljoseph —pauljoseph
Food52 Review: Warming spices and a boozy kick are perfect complements in pauljoseph's fruity flambéed dessert. The mango is enhanced with numerous international flavors, and is coated in just enough butter to make it rich. If you prep the mango beforehand everything comes together in a snap—perfect for entertaining. - broccolirose —broccolirose
- 1 Mango , ripe but not soft
- 2-3 tbsp. Butter
- 3 tbsp. Brown sugar
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Cloves 3
- Rum , to taste
- Take 1 ripe, mango , cut in about 4 or 5 slices
- Melt a few tbsp. butter over medium heat.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of brown sugar; stir
- Add cinnamon and cloves
- Add mango . Cook until fairly warm and starting to soften, about 1 minute
- Flip and allow to cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add rum (light or dark; dark has more flavor) to taste, and swirl in pan a bit
- Light a very long match and pass over pan.
- remove from heat and serve over ice cream.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish You (Intentionally) Set on Fire
Are Marinades Worth It?
We're getting down to the meat of the issue
Are marinades worth it?
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
This week's best #f52farmstands.
Have a ball (jar).