If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have to admit that I sometimes run short on time when preparing lunches for my vegetarian family. Luckily, I discovered that I could prepare oven roasted beans and use them all week long when assembling their lunches.
This wrap is a favorite lunch for my daughter. She is always thrilled to see it in her lunch. Her preference is the cannellini bean, but any dried bean would be delicious.
While this recipe may seem simple, getting a ten year old to eat something this healthy is not. This recipe accomplishes that goal every time and leaves my daughter asking if I'll make her another wrap for lunch tomorrow! - 1840 Farm
Makes 3 cups
Oven Roasted Beans
- 1 1/2 cups dried beans
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Carefully pick over dried beans. Remove any damaged beans or foreign objects. Cover with at least 4 1/2 cups of water and allow to sit at least four hours or overnight in a container large enough to allow beans to expand.
- Drain beans and rinse in cold water. Place rinsed beans in a large stockpot with enough water to cover by three inches (this should be between 4 and 5 cups depending on the size of your pot).
- Bring beans to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Continue to cook at a gentle simmer, stirring often for 60 to 90 minutes or until tender. Do not add salt to the water as the beans are cooking. Doing so will result in a bean with a mushy outer shell. Instead, salt the beans as soon as they are cooked to your liking.
- Remove the beans from heat. Drain in colander and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place drained beans on a clean kitchen towel and rub gently to dry. Move beans to the prepared baking sheet and toss gently with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with rosemary, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast beans in the oven until slightly crispy and fragrant, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to five days.
Roasted Bean Wrap
- 1 whole wheat sandwich wrap
- 1 teaspoon fresh mayo or dressing of your choice
- 1 handful fresh salad greens
- 4 thin slices red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup oven roasted beans (from above recipe)
- Spread mayo or dressing on wrap. Top with salad greens and red bell pepper. Sprinkle beans on top. Wrap, tucking one end under to keep contents inside.
- Serve and enjoy.
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.