If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had some leftover black chickpeas from my stew (recipe posted earlier), so I decided to make another roadside favorite from my city of Calcutta - a black chickpea salad with a simple sprinkle of cumin powder and salt, along with a squeeze of fresh green lime. This tangy and vibrant salad will transport you to the jostling, colorful and humid streets of India. It's more usual to use crunchy, raw sprouted black chickpeas but boiled chickpeas work just as well. I didn't have boiled potatoes on hand, but the addition of a few cubes of potato will turn this salad into a whole meal. Both my boys, ages 1 and 4, adore this dish, and love to pick at it with their fingers. For instructions on how to cook the black chickpeas in a pressure cooker, please read my black chickpea stew recipe at http://www.food52.com/recipes/10663_black_chickpea_stew —CalcuttaChow
- 1/2 cup black chickpeas, boiled or sprouted
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/8 cup red onions, chopped
- a few sprigs of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 juice of a whole lime
- 1/4 teaspoon of toasted cumin powder, more depending on taste
- salt to taste
- Toss all the ingredients together and serve.