If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came out with this recipe the other day while making an olive oil carrot cake. I had a cup of shredded carrots left and thought of making healthy cookies. I was going to use whole wheat flour but then thought “why not make them REALLY healthy?” and thats where the quinoa comes in. These cookies are gluten free, sugar free, vegan and full of good-for-you ingredients.
Feel free to use a cup of whole wheat flour or oat flour instead of the quinoa/flax/oat mixture. —chefpandita
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
- 1/3 cup red quinoa
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup oat germ
- 1/2 cup whole oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Mix quinoa and flaxseeds, grind in a blender until it has coarse meal consistency. I tried using a mini food processor but the quinoa seeds are too small and after pulsing they remained intact. The blender was perfect. Feel free to use quinoa flour, I can barely find quinoa here so I had to make my own. Same with the oat flour, I put the oats in the blender until it had flour consistency [please note the recipe calls for oat flour and whole oats].
- Mix quinoa, flax seeds, oat flour, oat germ, whole oats, baking powder, salt, pecans, cinnamon and shredded coconut.
- In a separate bowl, mix honey, olive oil, ginger and carrots.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients with a spatula.
- Use a cookie scoop to make even sized cookies, put them 1 inch apart from each other.
- Flatten the cookies with your fingers to give them cookie shape.
- Bake at 250F for 15-20 min. I let a batch in the oven for 30 minutes and they had toasted flavor and firmer consistency.
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.