If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Using thethinchef's method for gremolata bread crumbs, this is an easy, tasty appetizer or light dinner that is practically guilt free. If you didn't know, you would think the filling is cream cheese, though I'm not in to fooling anyone.
I have tried tossing everything in the food processor together, but mincing the vegetables and adding them makes for a prettier filling. - nannydeb
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced, divided
- 12 ounces tofu (I use Lite) squeezed of excess water (place a heavy plate on top of it for about 15 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 4 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon celery leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 16 ounces button mushrooms, stems removed and reserved for another use
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the Panko crumbs and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until toasty brown. Add 1 tablespoon minced cilantro and set aside.
- In the food processor, puree the tofu, tahini and tamari until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tofu mixure, the remaining cilantro and the minced celery leaves, red bell pepper, garlic and onion.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with the mixture, heaping it on top. Sprinkle with prepared toasted Panko crumbs.
- Bake in a 9x13 baking dish for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Shakerato, Not Stirred
It's espresso for the summer.
Espresso takes a chill.
Recipe of the Day
Treats for your beach bag.
Frozen dumplings the fearless way.
Raise a (recycled) glass.