Author Notes: This is an adaptation of a recipe by John Bishop and Dennis Green. Serve hot or cold, it's good either way. I prefer Inglehoffer's Original Stone Ground mustard for this dish. 6 small bone in, skin on chicken breast OR one 3 pound chicken, cut into parts, can be used in place of 3 large chicken breast halves. - bonappetithon
Serves 2 to 4
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grainy mustard
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large bone in, skin on chicken breast halves
- Combine the wine and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring almost to a boil then whisk in the mustard, oil, and a pinch of pepper until well mixed. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Put chicken pieces in two zip top plastic bags, divide the marinade between the bags, seal bags tightly, and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan or tray with parchment paper (this will keep the chicken from sticking as it roasts).
- Remove chicken from the marinade, discarding marinade, and place on the prepared baking pan skin side up. Roast until chicken reaches 175 degrees. Depending on the size of your pieces, this can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.
- If serving this dish warm, allow to rest 5 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken with Mustard