If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ."...smell those shrimp, beginning to boil ....." Where was I? Oh, yeah, Margaritaville. Standing next to a pan full of shrimp, just beginning to boil, about to make some margaritas for the crew. Inspired by the contest, then decided to dump some tequila into the shrimp, to see what happened. FLAME ON! Seriously, major flames erupt from this, so be seriously careful. Like, make sure there is nothing flammable within two feet over the pan. But oh, was it worth it! After some tweaking, I decided to add the lime ahead of time, instead of afterward. But that may have been the second shot of tequila talking.
Jimmy photo courtesy CNBC.com —wssmom
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 Key lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 scallions, white part only, sliced thin
- healthy pinch of aleppo pepper
- 1/4 cup silver (white) tequila
- splash of heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- chopped cilantro, lime wheel and sea salt, for garnish
- Squeeze the lime juice over the shrimp and let them hang out as you gather the remaining ingredients.
- Melt the butter into the olive oil in a large pan, add the shrimp and the garlic and saute over medium for a minute or so. Add the scallions and cook for a minute, stirring. Sprinkle with the aleppo pepper and cook for a few more seconds. Lower the heat.
- Demonstrating heroic restraint, do not sample the tequila, but pour it over the shrimp. Ignite with a long kitchen match and duck. When the flames subside, add a splash of heavy cream and salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Wet the edge of 4margarita or martini glasses and rim with sea salt. Pile the shrimp into the glasses, sprinkle with chopped cilantro, and place the lime wheel attractively on the side of the glasses. (You could also skip this and just put the shrimp in little bowls with cilantro sprinkled on top. But it's more fun the other way)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish You (Intentionally) Set on Fire
The Great Outdoors
Camping foods you'll want s'more of
The best camping foods.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.