If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I just love strawberry shortcake, and I thought that it would be lovely to flambe a few types of berries and make them into a simple shortcake. I added a dollop of creme fraiche, because I am not a huge fan of whip cream. You can also serve these berries without the shortcake and just the dollop of creme fraiche with mint. - Table9
- 1 cup All_Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Table Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 tablespoon Shortening
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 cup Raspberries
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Strawberries, cut into 1/4s
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 cup Creme Fraiche
- Mint Leaves (Garnish)
- 1/4 cup Bacardi 151 Rum
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix in the melted butter and shortening. Add in milk. Combine until dough is formed. Drop the shortcakes on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes until brown.
- While shortcakes are cooking, on medium-low heat melt butter in medium saucepan. Add all berries, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Let cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Evenly distribute the rum and immediately set on fire. Remove shortcakes from the oven and plate.
- To plate, take one shortcake and cut in half. Stack a good amount of berries on the bottom half. Add a dollop of creme fraiche and a sprinkle of mint. Put on the top half of the shortcake like a biscuit. Consume!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish You (Intentionally) Set on Fire
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.