If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe I got from my best friend Henrietta a few years ago.
She lives now in Israel. We talk on the phone very often.
I adjusted some of the ingredients, techniques’ and measurements according
to our American standards.
- Ingredients for the dough:
- • 1 pound all purpose flour
- • ½ teaspoon baking soda
- • ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 • 3 sticks room temperature butter
- • 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 • 3 extra large eggs room temperature
- • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- • Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy Add the eggs one at the time Add vanilla and lemon zest Fold in the flour in 3-4 portions until the dough is smooth (don’t overmix) Transfer the dough to your largest pan (I use a glass pan about 2 inches deep) With your fingers lightly press in evenly the dough Bake on the middle rack of the oven about 50-60 minutes until light golden brown. If the top gets brown to fast, cover with foil
- Ingredients for the pineapple filling: • 28 OZ can Pineapple cut in rounds in juice • Juice of 2 lemons
- Strain in a calendar all of the pineapple juice, mix with lemon juice Pour all over the cake while it’s still worm Sat aside to cool and absorb the juice Orange the pineapple circles Cool completely
- Ingredients for the frosting: • 8oz cold Mascarpone cheese • 2 cups crème fraiche • 1cup superfine sugar • 2 tablespoons dark rum • Zest of one lemon
- 1. Wisk Mascarpone cheese with the sugar until very smooth 2. Wisk in crème fraiche, rum and lemon zest 3. Fill a pastry bag with the frosting and cover completely the cake in any decorative pattern you like
Just Pudding It out There
Use your melon: make this 3-ingredient, vegan dessert
Pudding melon to the test.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
We give it 8 tentacles up.