Author Notes: I made this just last week for St. Patrick's Day corned beef. My mother and very Irish grandmother always served this with corned beef and I can't imagine any other way to it. Also great with roast beef. Leftovers are fantastic on sandwiches! - foodloveswine
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- dashes lemon zest
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Whip cream to soft peaks in a chilled metal bowl.
- Mix other wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Carefully fold mixture into the whipped cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir well before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish