If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I just bought a huge piece of fresh horseradish the other day and have been thinking of something to make with it.
I was making leeks and thought to make a creamy horseradish sauce to go with it. Instead I somehow ended up with this, which turned out to be really delicious.
It was supposed to be a side dish to a roasted chicken but I ended up eating just the leeks because they were so good. My husband took some of the leftover chutney and smeared it all over the roasted chicken. It would be delicious on fish too. - bethmichelle
- 2 Leeks, trimmed and cut down the middle
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Horseradish, grated
- 1/2 Fennel Bulb, chopped
- 1/2 Apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks, coat in butter.
- Sauté leeks until tender and starting to brown.
- Remove leeks from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons horseradish, chopped fennel and chopped apple to the pan and sauté until tender about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and heat through, about 3 minutes.
- Put mixture into a blender and pulse until thick but not smooth (you want the mixture to stay chunky)
- Stir last tablespoon of horseradish into mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve leeks with horseradish, fennel and apple chutney on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls