If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an amazingly delicious soup, which I first had in Australia. I like it hot or cold. I think it tastes much better if it has a day to rest in the fridge. - Broke and Chic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 leeks (white part), washed, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 bunches watercress, chopped roughly
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the shallots, leeks, and celery. Cook for around 15 minutes until they are soft but not colored.
- Add the potatoes and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat and cook for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Add the watercress and cook for another 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the milk and about 2 ounces of sour cream.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup. Transfer to a large bowl, let cool and then refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to serve remove the soup from the fridge and either re-heat over a low flame or pour into bowls. In a separate bowl mix the sour cream and horseradish, and season. Serve the soup with a dollop of the horseradish cream on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.