If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a child, my folks loved to do Sunday afternoon dinners at various restaurants in the area. Occasionally this would mean a "destination" trip to Marshall, Mi where the famed Win Schuler Restaurant was located. I loved their cheese spread which was served on every table as soon as you arrived. The Schuler family now markets their spread and varieties thereof, but I learned long ago to make my own which is very similar ( and so easy! ) - inpatskitchen
Makes about 2 cups
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 cups finely shredded medium cheddar
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Cook the bacon slices until crispy. Cool and crumble.
- Mix all the ingredients together and stir vigorously until the cheese actually seems to meld into the mayo.
- Chill for a couple of hours before serving with crackers. ( I actually think the Schuler family served their spread with melba toast).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish