Author Notes: As a child, my folks loved to do Sunday afternoon dinners at various restaurants in the area. Occasionally this would mean a "destination" trip to Marshall, Mi where the famed Win Schuler Restaurant was located. I loved their cheese spread which was served on every table as soon as you arrived. The Schuler family now markets their spread and varieties thereof, but I learned long ago to make my own which is very similar ( and so easy! ) - inpatskitchen
Makes about 2 cups
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 cups finely shredded medium cheddar
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Cook the bacon slices until crispy. Cool and crumble.
- Mix all the ingredients together and stir vigorously until the cheese actually seems to meld into the mayo.
- Chill for a couple of hours before serving with crackers. ( I actually think the Schuler family served their spread with melba toast).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish