If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I happen to love things that have a tangy, spiced depth to them - mustards, horseradish, something with a hit of vinegar or a layer of heat, pungent and savory. When spice and sour meet perfectly to create a full flavor that dances on tastebuds but doesn't overwhlem, that's my perfect food.
I'm also not a fan of pork chops.
In order to combine something I love with something my husband loves I decided to use my favorite condiments to flavor pork chops (though this works equally well on a roast, or even lamb). Originally I started with a bunch of mustards I had made, but then I added in some local maple syrup and horseradish to find the depth I was really looking for - rosemary rounds out this marinade to form a grounding savory note.
So now I can have my favorite flavors and my husband can have his pork chops, and we can continue to have wedded bliss - at least at the dinner table. —everynothingwonderful
- 2-3 teaspoons Extra hot horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Stone ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 4 Pork chops or 1 Pork roast
- Season meat with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Grind rosemary with a mortar & pestle, with a clean coffee grinder, or with a food processor until smooth.
- Combine horseradish, mustards, maple syrup, and rosemary in a bowl - mix thoroughly.
- Slather the marinade on pork chops or roast. Cover and refrigerate for 30 mins - 3 hours.
- Cook pork until internal temperature is 160F. For roast, preheat oven to 350F and bake, preferably on a rack, for 30 minutes per pound. For pork chops grill or pan fry until done.
- Excellent with mashed sweet potatoes, fresh asparagus and a citrusy white wine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.