Author Notes: A Red Draw is tomato juice or Bloody Mary mix and beer and is also called a Bloody Beer or Red Beer. I'm not sure if it's a Texas thing or not, but there is a drive in restaurant in Wichita Falls, Texas that still brings them to your car in a pitcher. We just happened to be in Wichita Falls over the weekend and we visited the Pioneer Restaurant #2 (one of a few left of a string of Pioneer restaurants) then went to a friend's house and concocted our own. Tasty. - nannydeb - nannydeb
Food52 Review: Bloody Mary meets Michelada in nannydeb's mellow, refreshing Texan beer cocktail. The gentle spicing plays nicely with the beer without overwhelming it, so be sure to pick a lager you like. One (or a few) of these would go down easy on a parched summer day. - kristen miglore - Kristen Miglore
Serves hmmm, how thirsty are you?
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish root, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- juice of one lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 six pack of lager beer, or the beer of our choice
- Combine all ingredients except the beer in a large pitcher.
- Fill a beer mug, glass or mason jar 1/3 full with the Red Draw mix. Fill the rest of the way with beer.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish