If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Red Draw is tomato juice or Bloody Mary mix and beer and is also called a Bloody Beer or Red Beer. I'm not sure if it's a Texas thing or not, but there is a drive in restaurant in Wichita Falls, Texas that still brings them to your car in a pitcher. We just happened to be in Wichita Falls over the weekend and we visited the Pioneer Restaurant #2 (one of a few left of a string of Pioneer restaurants) then went to a friend's house and concocted our own. Tasty. - nannydeb —nannydeb
Food52 Review: Bloody Mary meets Michelada in nannydeb's mellow, refreshing Texan beer cocktail. The gentle spicing plays nicely with the beer without overwhelming it, so be sure to pick a lager you like. One (or a few) of these would go down easy on a parched summer day. - kristen miglore —Kristen Miglore
Serves hmmm, how thirsty are you?
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish root, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- juice of one lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 six pack of lager beer, or the beer of our choice
- Combine all ingredients except the beer in a large pitcher.
- Fill a beer mug, glass or mason jar 1/3 full with the Red Draw mix. Fill the rest of the way with beer.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.