If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I just could not resist entering one more horseradish dish. I just love the stuff and am so excited about it being this week's theme. I wanted to do a 'snack' with horseradish and I adore hummus so thought why not try it. I added a hint of rosemary to kick it up a notch. Hope it is enjoyable. - Table9 —Table9
Food52 Review: Table9 has a way with flavors; the combination of rosemary and cumin here was so interesting and different. The hummus came together really easily. My chickpeas got a little hard after 20 minutes, so I recommend roasting them for only 15 to make the processing easier. It was so good that I had to stop myself from eating it out of the food processor with a spoon. This is a wonderful hummus, and I highly recommend it as an Editors' Pick. - drbabs —drbabs
Makes about 2 cups
- 15 ounces Garbanzo Beans, Reserve 2 Tablespoons of Juice
- 2 Fresh Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fresh Rosemary, Minced
- 3 tablespoons Tahini, Stirred Well
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Dash of Cayenne
- 2 tablespoons Prepared Horseradish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place garbanzo beans on a non-stick cookie sheet. Drizzle beans with 1/2 T olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and 1 teaspoon of rosemary. Mix to combine. Cook until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Once toasted remove and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a food processor, process garlic cloves, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, cayenne, horseradish and roasted garbanzo beans (make sure to scrape in all the salt and rosemary that remains on the cookie sheet). Process until turns into a paste. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of garbanzo juice if needed to create the perfect consistency. Pulse a few times to complete.
- Serve with a sprinkle of rosemary and pita chips!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish