If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This comes from being stuck on a sailboat without shopping resources and just a few fresh ingredients. —Veronica
- 1 box of linguine
- 3 sweet peppers (red, yellow or orange; NOT green)
- 1/2 pound sliced smoked turkey breast or ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2-1 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 pinch crushed fresh thyme
- Slice thinly: red onion, the 3 peppers. MOST IMPORTANT: Do NOT substitute with green peppers
- Sliver/slice the smoked turkey breast or ham. You need slivers, not chuncks.
- Over med/low heat, melt butter & oil in a large saute pan. Once melted, add sliced onion and sliced peppers. Stir and watch until softened and giving off a thickness---hard to describe. Add slivered smoked turkey/ham and a bit more butter if the pan is too dry. When meat is heated through and softened, add the wine. Simmer for 1 minute and savor. This is when you can add your herb of choice---my recommendation: crushed fresh thyme (1/4 tsp)
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain, reserving about 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine pepper & sliced meat combo with hot pasta and the extra pasta water and sauce from each pot. Serves 4
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.