Author Notes: This comes from being stuck on a sailboat without shopping resources and just a few fresh ingredients. - Veronica
- 1 box of linguine
- 3 sweet peppers (red, yellow or orange; NOT green)
- 1/2 pound sliced smoked turkey breast or ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2-1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 pinch crushed fresh thyme
- Slice thinly: red onion, the 3 peppers. MOST IMPORTANT: Do NOT substitute with green peppers
- Sliver/slice the smoked turkey breast or ham. You need slivers, not chuncks.
- Over med/low heat, melt butter & oil in a large saute pan. Once melted, add sliced onion and sliced peppers. Stir and watch until softened and giving off a thickness---hard to describe. Add slivered smoked turkey/ham and a bit more butter if the pan is too dry. When meat is heated through and softened, add the wine. Simmer for 1 minute and savor. This is when you can add your herb of choice---my recommendation: crushed fresh thyme (1/4 tsp)
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain, reserving about 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine pepper & sliced meat combo with hot pasta and the extra pasta water and sauce from each pot. Serves 4