Author Notes: My mother planted these amazing red french pumpkins. They look like cartoons and have a wonderful mild flavor. I like how this soup is savory and not sweet, hope you like it too! - Goldilocks
- 3 cups cooked pumpkin flesh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, choppedd
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cream(optional)
- In a heavy pot heat oil and add garlic and onions. Cook until soft.
- In food processor add cooked pumpkin, cooked onions and garlic. Process until smooth.
- Turn off heat and add garam masala, then add pumpkin mixture and chicken stock, turn on heat and bring to a slow boil. Add cream if desired. Season with salt and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Vegetable Puree