Author Notes: My father makes this recipe every Christmas and we have it with rib roast. Until I asked him for the recipe I had no idea it had vanilla in it, so don't be scared. Maybe it's the vanilla that makes it extra-good. The whipped texture is pillowy and the horseradish is definitely present but not overwhelming, though you can vary the amount of horseradish to your own taste. It's a terrific accompaniament to beef. Even those who claim not to like horseradish may be swayed. - clintonhillbilly
Serves a lot
- 2/3 pint whipping cream
- 1/2 small bottle prepared white horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First, whip cream with slowly increasing speeds until the peaks stay stiff.
- Add half a small bottle of prepared white horseradish and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and whip to combine. Taste again, and add more horseradish if you want a stronger horseradish flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish