If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My father makes this recipe every Christmas and we have it with rib roast. Until I asked him for the recipe I had no idea it had vanilla in it, so don't be scared. Maybe it's the vanilla that makes it extra-good. The whipped texture is pillowy and the horseradish is definitely present but not overwhelming, though you can vary the amount of horseradish to your own taste. It's a terrific accompaniament to beef. Even those who claim not to like horseradish may be swayed. —clintonhillbilly
Serves a lot
- 2/3 pint whipping cream
- 1/2 small bottle prepared white horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First, whip cream with slowly increasing speeds until the peaks stay stiff.
- Add half a small bottle of prepared white horseradish and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and whip to combine. Taste again, and add more horseradish if you want a stronger horseradish flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.